Fish pie, seafood and coconut milk
I used frozen fish fillets and seafood, so the first time I thawed them and put them in a strainer to drain the water from them.
I peeled the potatoes and cut them into quarters. We boil them in a pot of salted water. They need to boil and soften because we will make puree out of them.
Peel the onion and cut it into rounds, cut the tomato into cubes and the pepper as well. You can add hot peppers, I think it would be very good, a little spicy.
In a pan over low heat, heat the oil and add the vegetables to soften a little, leave them for about 3 minutes. Add turmeric powder over them, for color, coconut milk, salt, pepper and let it boil for about 15 minutes. We stop the fire and let it cool.
Meanwhile, drain the boiled potatoes and mash them to make the puree. We add hot milk and a little salt in them, we continue to crush until we have a fine puree.
Now we take the sauce made of vegetables and coconut milk and put in it the seafood, and the diced salmon fillet. Put the mashed potatoes over them with a fork or a spoon.
Put in the hot oven until it browns on top, it depends on the oven but 20 minutes should be enough.
Fish and potato pie
Fish and potato pie from: fillets of white fish, fillets of salmon, fillets of smoked hake, milk, onion, bay leaf, butter, flour, spinach, wine, dill, potatoes, butter, cheese, cream cheese.
- 500g thick fillets of white fish, such as cod or hake, skin removed
- 500g thick fillets of salmon, skin removed
- 300g smoked hake fillets
- 700ml of whole or partially skimmed milk
- 1 onion, cut into thin crescents
- 2 bay leaves
- 75g of butter
- 75g of flour
- 140g of young spinach
- 3 tablespoons white wine or vermouth (optional)
- 1/2 bunch of dill, coarsely chopped
For the cheese puree:
- 1.5 kg of potatoes, cut into equal pieces
- 50g of butter
- 100g of cheese or matured cheese, such as cheddar, coarsely grated
- 300ml cream cheese
Method of preparation:
Put the fish fillets in a large saucepan and add the milk, followed by the onion and bay leaves, which must be placed between the fillets. Bring to the boil over low heat, then cover and immediately remove from the heat.
Set aside to infuse for 10 minutes or until the fish is penetrated.
Drain the fish, keeping the milk infused in a carafe, then transfer the fish to a bowl. Put them aside.
Meanwhile, prepare the puree. Put the potatoes in a large saucepan with cold water, bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft but not crumbling. Drain well, put them back in the pan and pass them together with the butter, half of the cheese and the cream cheese, stirring until you get a fine puree.
Season to taste and set aside.
To finish the filling, melt the butter in a medium saucepan and add the flour, then mix. Cook everything for a few seconds, then gradually add the infused milk, stirring constantly over medium heat for 3 minutes, until you get a fine and thick sauce.
Add spinach and wine or vermouth, if using, then cook for another 2 minutes, off the heat, add the dill and mix. Season to taste.
Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. spread a third of the sauce at the base of a rectangular tray of about 3 liters. Add fish fillets over the sauce, breaking them into large pieces and removing any traces of skin, bones, onions and bay leaves. Pour over a third of the sauce, followed by another layer of fish, then repeat, ending with a layer of sauce.
Add the puree over the fish mixture, starting from the edges. Use the back of a spoon to form a pattern and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Put the tray on another tray and put it in the oven, Bake it on the middle level for 45 minutes, until the puree turns golden and the filling boils.
Ingredients Simple apple pie:
For the dough:
- 400 grams of flour
- 180 grams of sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 175 grams of 80% butter
- 1 or
- a few tablespoons of milk (only if needed, enough to bind the dough)
- grated lemon peel, vanilla sugar
- 1 good salt powder
For the filling:
- 1 kg of weighed apples without peel and seed box
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 glass of sugar
- 200 ml fruit juice (apple or orange)
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch, or 5 tablespoons flour, or 1 sachet of vanilla pudding
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- crystal sugar for sprinkling on top
Preparation Simple apple pie & dough:
The dough is prepared according to the classic process of pate brisee, as I did with the dough Tart with sour cream and fruit. "Sandy dough", in translation, is frequently used in tarts and pies with tender dough, but it is also suitable for certain types of biscuits.
1. Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, vanilla sugar, salt and grated lemon peel. Crush with a fork or process the butter inside the robot, until a fine granulation is obtained.
2. When the flour in which the butter has been impregnated resembles the texture of coarse sand, add the whole egg.
3. Knead quickly, just enough to bind in a dough and only if necessary add 1 tablespoon of milk (if the egg is larger, it may not be needed). Do not knead more than that, insistent kneading will develop gluten from wheat flour, which we do not want, because the dough would become elastic, and we want it fragile and crumbly.
4. The dough is immediately gathered in a ball, wrapped and refrigerated for at least half an hour, ideally an hour.
Simple apple pie, apple filling
1. The apples peeled and cleaned from the seed box are weighed.
2. Grate the apples and immediately sprinkle with the juice of half a lemon, then mix quickly to prevent oxidation.
3. Mix the grated apples with all the other ingredients specified for the filling, obtaining the filling for the simple apple pie.
Simple apple pie, spreading sheets and assembling
1. Line a tray approximately 42 & # 21535 cm with baking paper. I used a regular oven tray, 42 & # 21534 cm, so any tray with an area of about 1450 cm² is suitable. Start the oven and set it at 180 ° C.
1. Take the dough out of the fridge, shape it into an approximately rectangular shape and divide it into two pieces, one representing about ¾ of the amount of dough and the second, smaller, ¼.
2. The smaller piece is left aside and the larger one is spread with the rolling pin in a sheet, on the work surface sprinkled with flour. The size of the sheet must be adapted to that of the tray used. After the sheet is stretched, the irregular edges are straightened with the knife and added to the smaller piece of dough left aside.
3. Roll the dough lightly on the rolling pin, without pressing, lift the rolling pin and transfer it with your help over the tray previously prepared with baking paper, unrolling in its place.
4. The rest of the dough (part of about ¼) is quickly kneaded with the cut edges of the sheet and spread on the work surface sprinkled with flour in a sheet with a thickness of 4-5 mm. Cut into 1 cm wide strips with a roll of corrugated pastry or, failing that, with a knife.
5. I put the filling over the sheet of dough, leveling it on the whole surface. I placed the cut strips of dough on the diagonal, superimposing others perpendicular to the first ones, until the creation of a & # 8222grid & # 8221 above the cake. I sprinkled with crystal sugar & # 8211 I put brown sugar.
How to bake simple apple pie
1. Bake the simple apple pie at a medium height in the preheated oven at 180 ° C for 35-40 minutes, until nicely browned.
Simple apple pie, serving
I let the simple apple pie cool in the pan (you can also cut it warm, but not hot) then I divided it into generous portions, according to the taste of the tasters. It can be served from the moment it is warm, just as good and completely cold. The simple apple pie is absolutely delicious, with or without ice cream (or a vanilla sauce): crispy and fine crust, jelly-flavored filling, you feel like eating a hectare!
Fish curry with coconut milk and tamarind
I hadn't made a curry for a long time, so yesterday I prepared this fish curry with coconut milk and tamarind. Prepare your taste buds for a delicious dish, with a hot-sour sauce, generous and full of flavors, a dish that will give you full satisfaction, both in terms of taste and the time you will you have to spend it in the kitchen.
To prepare this recipe you need the following ingredients: 500 g fish with white meat (head and tail removed), cut into rounds (I used royal sea bream to prepare this recipe) 350 g tomatoes, cut into cubes 100 g red onions, cut into 4 and then chopped julienne 3 green peppers (with seeds and veins removed), cut into a diamond shape (you can adjust the amount of hot peppers depending on how hot the peppers are or your own tastes) 6 cloves of garlic, finely chopped 1 teaspoon chili paste with garlic 100 ml milk coconut 1 tablespoon concentrated tamarind paste, dissolved in 50 ml of warm water 1 teaspoon chili powder 1 teaspoon turmeric 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, ground 1/4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (fenugreek) 2 curry leaves 3 tablespoons leaves of coriander, finely chopped 2 tablespoons rice oil.
Preparation of fish curry with coconut milk and tamarind: Put in a bowl 1/2 teaspoon salt, ground coriander seeds, chili powder and turmeric. Pour the 50 ml of water in which you dissolved the concentrated tamarind paste and mix.
Add the chili paste with garlic and mix well, until the chili paste with garlic dissolves and integrates into the composition.
Then add the fish and mix carefully, until all the pieces of fish are dressed in the marinade. Cover with foil and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, heat 2 tablespoons of rice oil in a wok.
As soon as the oil has heated up, add the fenugreek seeds and curry leaves. Leave them on medium heat for approx. 30 seconds (on the big eye from the stove), until the fenugreek seeds start to turn golden brown.
Add onion and garlic. Cook until the onions are soft, over medium to low heat (so you will reduce the flame a bit compared to the previous step with the fenugreek seeds and curry leaves).
Once you have reached this result with onions, you will add the tomatoes. You will leave them until they soften and are completely cooked, stirring from time to time.
Once the tomatoes are completely cooked and you have obtained a sauce the consistency of a puree, you can put the fish slices in the wok. Here, as a parenthesis, I must draw your attention to the fact that when you take the fish out of the marinade to put it in the wok, there will be spices left in the bowl, as sediment & # 8211 do not throw them away. Put 1-2 tablespoons of warm water over what is left in the bowl, after removing the fish rings, mix and pour everything into the wok.
After you have solved with the fish and its marinade, the next ones on the list are the green hot peppers, which you will add in the wok, thus joining them to the already existing sauce.
Stir gently, so that the flavors combine, without disturbing the pieces of fish too much, and let it boil for 2 minutes.
After 2 minutes, put a lid on top and let it boil for approx. 5 minutes, until the fish is done.
After 5 minutes remove the lid, add the coconut milk, mix gently and carefully so as not to break the fish pieces, let it boil and turn off the heat.
Sprinkle with chopped green coriander, stir, then serve this fish curry masala while hot, in the company of a garnish of basmati rice.
Fish pie and mashed potatoes
This recipe is not really in speed, and it is not exactly the pie as we are used to. But I promise it is an extraordinarily tasty, juicy and filling food.
- 2 white onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1-2 hot peppers
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 400 g of coconut milk
- 200 gr spinach
- 4 tomatoes.
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 eggs
- 150 gr skinless fish
- 150 gr of smoked fish
- 150 gr shrimp or any other seafood
For the sauce, mix all the ingredients except coconut milk, spinach and tomatoes. Put them in a pan over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, so the onion will manage to caramelize. Then add the spinach and coconut milk and leave them on the fire for a few minutes. Add the tomatoes, remove the sauce from the heat and place it in a deep bowl.
Peel the potatoes, cut them into pieces and boil them in boiling salted water for 12-15 minutes. Boil eggs for 7 minutes in the same bowl, then put them in cold water.
Make the puree with butter, a little milk, salt and pepper.
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
Cut the eggs into 4 and add them to the sauce (this time we forgot to buy eggs, but usually we also put eggs). Cut the fish into small pieces and put it in the sauce together with the seafood.
Turkey with coconut milk and shells & # 8211 a kind of exotic stew
Turkey with coconut milk and shells? Yeah Al that sounds pretty crap to me, Looks like it aint for me either good food to lick your fingers, very showpiece and especially very, very fragrant.
The inspiration came again from coconut milk, as just yesterday I opened a 400 milliliter can. So what to do with the remaining 300 soldiers? I started looking for exotic recipes on the internet, but the ones that contained coconut milk also contained other things, some of which I hadn't even heard of, and others, although I had heard of them, were not in my pantry. So I turned to fantasy and put together some ingredients that I thought would fit, valuing each other. To which kitchen does this food belong? I would say to my kitchen: P! I don't know if it has any specifics, it somehow smells of the southern sea, spicy and full of flavors as it is, but it's definitely good, very good:
- about 500 grams of turkey or chicken breast
- 4 tablespoons oil (rapeseed, grapes, sunflower, if you have peanuts is even better)
- 30 pieces of mussels ready cleaned, I took 20 pieces out of the shells and I kept 10 of them semi-peeled
- 300 ml. unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 medium-sized onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 hot red pepper, fresh or dried and with cleaned seeds (if you like very hot, you can also leave the seeds)
- about 10-12 cm. of fresh ginger
- 1 small tomato cut into cubes
- spices & # 8211 1 teaspoon each: ground cumin, ground coriander, cinnamon powder, curry powder, paprika, white pepper
- 2 tablespoons shellfish sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- chopped green parsley to serve (if you have fresh coriander it's even better)
Chicken or turkey breast is cut into strips:
Prepare the spices:
Finely chop the peeled ginger, hot pepper (as much as you want from it, so that the food is not too spicy for your taste) and garlic.
In a large, large skillet, heat the oil. Add the ginger, hot pepper and garlic and mix briefly. Add the spices.
Immediately add the turkey or chicken breast strips.
As soon as the meat becomes opaque and light in color, add the sliced onion.
Cook together until the liquid evaporates, monitoring and stirring constantly, then add the coconut milk.
Add soy sauce and shellfish sauce (no salt is needed, the food will have enough salt from these sauces).
Let the food boil and reduce the sauce. Honestly, the idea to add the shells came to me at this moment, that is, if I put the shell sauce, why not add the shells: P?
As I had some mussels, I quickly thawed them and added them to the low sauce at once with the tomatoes cut into small cubes. Another 2 minutes of boiling and ready!
I served the food with boiled rice, plain. Very fragrant, very tasty!
Fish pie, seafood and coconut milk - Recipes
Toast with shrimp paste and sesame seeds
Toast with shrimp paste and sesame seeds, this is the breakfast we served today, an Asian-flavored dish, extremely easy, quick to prepare and tasty. The combination of delicious shrimp paste, crispy bread and toasted sesame seeds makes this toast also a suitable candidate for appetizers to consider when waiting for guests.
Cream corn soup with shrimp
I recommend you try this delicious cream of corn soup with shrimp, a comforting soup, easy to prepare, with an extremely short cooking time and which, in addition, does not require many ingredients. Consequently, an excellent choice for a light lunch, for which you do not want to spend too much time in the kitchen
Shrimp in hot sauce
Today we serve shrimp in hot sauce, a tasty and easy to prepare dish, which is wonderfully complemented with a rice garnish.
Pineapple shrimp in hot and sour sauce
I invite you to shrimp with pineapple in hot and sour sauce! More specifically, shrimp cooked with tamarind and hot pepper paste (chili) with garlic, from this combination resulting a sauce whose spiciness was (just an idea) tamed by the sweetness of a well-cooked pineapple. You will not stay around the stove for a long time, as happens whenever you prepare seafood, so I can only urge you to try this recipe and also serve with pleasure and appetite a portion of shrimp as I have I served it in pineapple peel.
Shrimp with coconut milk
Today I propose a recipe for shrimp with coconut milk, a dish that you can prepare extremely quickly and easily. The appetizing colors that will initially entice you from the plate will be just the prelude to a delicious meal, finally completed by the preparation itself & # 8211 cooked shrimp in a delicious hot-sweet, exotic and aromatic sauce
Nothing better than a serving of peanut shrimp, especially if you belong to the category of those who like Chinese cuisine, chicken or pork dishes accompanied by peanuts. Consequently, I recommend you try this wok-prepared shrimp recipe, in combination with fried peanuts, bamboo shoots, soy sauce and oyster sauce.
Shrimp in spicy sauce with rice noodles
The recipe for shrimp in spicy sauce with rice noodles is a delicious recipe, hot and very easy to prepare. The sweet-sour and spicy taste at the same time seduces you and makes you accept this challenge.
For the preparation you need the following ingredients: 200 g shrimp 4 green onion strands 10 g Chinese mushrooms 50 ml white wine 150 ml tomato pulp 1 tablespoon grated ginger 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce juice from 1/2 lemon 1 / 2 teaspoon Chinese spice (contains: coriander, turmeric, cumin, cane sugar, cumin, celery, garlic, sweet pepper, ginger, cinnamon, chili) 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper 4 cloves garlic 1/2 teaspoon sauce oyster mushrooms 1 tablespoon sesame oil 1 teaspoon cornstarch 100 g rice noodles
Seafood with Tagliatelle
Today I prepared an Italian recipe for seafood with tagliatelle, a delicious recipe, easy and quick to prepare. It is consumed hot and I recommend serving it with a glass of dry white wine, cold mousse. The ingredients are calculated for 4 people.
For the preparation you need the following ingredients: 500 seafood (I took a mix of frozen seafood, which contained: octopus, surimi, shellfish, shrimp, squid) 3 tablespoons olive oil for frying 1 bunch of green parsley 200 ml dry white wine 200 ml cooking cream 150 g tagliatelle salt and pepper to taste
Shrimp salad with mango and avocado
Today I present a shrimp salad with mango and avocado, a salad that you can prepare at any time of the year. This salad will ensure that it will turn any meal into a special occasion. It is a delicious, appetizing and dietary salad, a symphony of tastes and flavors that will delight your taste buds. The preparation time is less than 30 minutes and contains approx. 360 calories / serving. Ingredients are calculated for 4 servings.
For the preparation you need the following ingredients: 300 g shrimp 1 mango 2 kiwi 4 oranges, small 1 avocado juice from a lemon 200 g Basmati rice 50 g ketchup 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 hot pepper salt and pepper to taste
Shrimp salad with melon
Today I present a shrimp salad with melon, exotic, refreshing and dietary. The combination of tomatoes, shrimp, melon and yogurt is really appetizing, so you can definitely impress your friends with this recipe. The ingredients are calculated for 2 people
Apple pie (my grandmother's recipe)
Apple pie it is one of the delicious cakes (pies) that my grandmother pampered us with when we were little.
I still remember the impatience with which I waited to taste the first corner of the pie, just taken out of the oven. Even if the pictures are not very successful, I guarantee you that the pie is delicious.
The other day I was making a list of the fruit cakes I love the most. The apple pie is in the same place as the pumpkin pie, I love them both just as much.
Yesterday I bought some beautiful apples, ripe and fragrant, only good for a pie full of autumn flavors. Today, after finishing the work around the house, I put on my apron and started baking this wonder.
How many pieces are left after only a few hours after I took it out of the oven, I'm ashamed to tell you. It is certain that he was very successful, both in the family and among friends who did not know the Romanian apple pie.
You may also like:
Fish and green pie
Pie with fish and greens from: pie sheets, onion, bay leaf, fish soup, white wine, salmon, cod, squid, shrimp, flour, butter, sour cream, tomato puree, lemon peel, parsley, tomatoes, salt, pepper. Ingredients: 250 g pie sheets Ingredients for the filling 1 cleaned and sliced onion 1 bay leaf 600 ml fish soup […]
Barley pie with greens
Pie with barley and greens from: flour, water, dry yeast, barley, cottage cheese, Telemea cheese, eggs, fennel, green onions, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, salt, pepper. Ingredients: 500 g water flour 7 g dry yeast 100 g barley 300 g cottage cheese 100 g telemea cheese 3 eggs a fennel o […]
Pie with mushrooms and green onions
Pie with mushrooms and green onions from: butter or margarine, sana or sour cream, salt, flour, mushrooms, green onions, salt, pepper, parsley, dill, oil, cheese, eggs, breadcrumbs. Ingredients: For the dough: 250 g butter or margarine 100 ml healthy or sour cream a teaspoon salt 500 g flour For the filling: 500 g mushrooms 2 bundles green onion salt […]
Pumpkin pie, sour cream and dill
Pumpkin pie, sour cream and dill from: margarine, flour, oil, hot water, zucchini, eggs, dill, green parsley, semolina, onion, oil, salt, pepper. Ingredients: 1 packet margarine 500 g flour 1 cup oil 3/4 cup hot water For filling: 1 kg young pumpkin 2-3 eggs 1 bunch dill 1 bunch green parsley 1-2 tablespoons semolina 2 tbsp […]
- Put the baking powder and salt over the flour and sift them in a bowl or in a larger bowl. We make a hole in the middle and put the oil, vinegar and water.
- Mix the ingredients little by little from the flour until you incorporate it all. Knead well and, if the dough is too hard, add a little warm water until you get a fine pie dough with a suitable consistency.
- Put the dough in a bowl greased with oil, cover it with cling film and put it in the fridge for half an hour. It is not necessary to keep it in the fridge, we can let the dough rest at room temperature.
Tip: If time allows, it is good to leave the dough for more than half an hour to & # 8220odihneasaca & # 8221 (about 1 hour). The sheets will stretch more easily.
- Divide the dough into pieces, depending on how many sheets we want to get.
- Sprinkle the flour on the work table and spread each piece of dough into a very thin sheet using a thin, long rolling pin. We often sprinkle flour on the sheet so that the dough does not stick to the rolling pin.
To save time and effort, we can first spread the pieces of dough into smaller sheets. Grease each of them well with oil and stack them three by three, then spread them in large sheets. During baking, the sheets will separate.
We can stack the pieces of dough in piles of 5 and spread them in a large sheet, provided they are well greased between them. In this case, place a large sheet obtained from 5 smaller sheets in the tray, place the filling and place the second sheet obtained in the same way on top. Spread the last sheet larger than the tray and wrinkle it.
Pie dough recipe