We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Lasagna cupcakes are one of the easiest, most versatile morsels I like to make at home, especially when hosting a large group of friends. My favorite variations include pesto, fontina, and pine nuts; gruyere, béchamel, and shaved mushrooms with a drizzle of truffle oil; or crabmeat, vodka sauce, and asiago. A simple visit to a local market can provide fodder for endless inspiration.
We are huge fans of pasta in our house and lasagna definitely is at the top of that list. Honestly though I don’t always feel like making a traditional lasagna, but sometimes I still want to enjoy one of the best comfort foods around. That is what makes these little lasagna cupcakes so amazing! Not only are they delicious, but they are also super simple to make and the perfect size. There really is something about individual servings of some of our favorite meals that make them even more amazing. Plus, the crispiness of the wonton wrappers adds an awesome dimension to this dish that you didn’t know it needed, but you’re so glad to have it. Even if you are not a fan of meat lasagna you can easily omit the meat and increase your cheeses to turn it into a purely cheese lasagna. You could also swap out the ground beef for some Italian sausage to give you a little added variety. Personally, I also feel like cleanup is so much easier with these lasagna cupcakes then baking a traditional lasagna in a pan. If your house is like mine then you end up with left overs remaining in the dish you baked your lasagna in sitting in your refrigerator. Then after a few days when the lasagna is finally all gone you really have to use some elbow grease to scrub it out. I know I am not the only one who appreciates easier cleanup. These little lasagna cupcakes really are something you and your family are sure to fall in love with. You still get all of the ooey gooey goodness and cheesiness of lasagna without all the extra hassle of making it the traditional way. Plus, you don’t have to worry about cutting a pan into squares because everything is already portioned out!
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Prepare muffin cups with cooking spray.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes season with salt and pepper. Drain and discard grease from the beef.
Cut wonton wrappers into 2 1/4-inch circles with a biscuit cutter. Press one wonton into the bottom of each muffin cup. Sprinkle even amounts of Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and ricotta cheese into each muffin cup top each portion with even amounts of ground beef and pasta sauce.
Divide 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, half the ricotta cheese, 1/2 the ground beef mixture, and 1/2 cup pasta sauce, between the muffin cups and layer, respectively, atop the wonton wrapper repeat layering with remaining wonton wrappers, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, remaining ricotta cheese, remaining ground beef, and remaining pasta sauce. Top the ‘cupcakes’ with remaining Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
Bake in preheated oven until edges of ‘cupcakes’ are browned, 18 to 20 minutes let cook in tins for 5 minutes before running a knife around the edges of the cupcakes to loosen the edges to remove. Garnish with fresh basil to serve.
You can also use the top of a drinking glass to cut the wonton wrappers. You can cut several at a time. Though, for a more rustic look, no cutting necessary!
The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the wonton wrappers. The actual amount of the wonton wrappers consumed will vary.
/> Perfect Li'l Lasagna Cupcakes />
1/12th of recipe (1 cupcake): 173 calories , 5g total fat (3g sat fat) , 390mg sodium , 14.5g carbs , 1.5g fiber , 4g sugars , 15.5g protein
Green Plan SmartPoints® value 4*
Blue Plan (Freestyle&trade) SmartPoints® value 4*
Purple Plan SmartPoints® value 4*
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
12 oz. raw extra-lean ground beef (4% fat or less)
One 14.5-oz. can crushed tomatoes
One 10-oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 1/2 cups light/low-fat ricotta cheese
1/4 cup (about 2 large) egg whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute
24 small square wonton wrappers (often stocked with the tofu in the refrigerated section of the supermarket)
1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.
Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add beef, pepper, and 1/8 tsp. salt. Cook and crumble until browned, about 3 minutes. Add onion and mushrooms. Cook, stir, and crumble until beef is fully cooked and veggies are soft, about 4 minutes.
Add crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and 1 tsp. garlic. Cook and stir until well mixed, about 1 minute.
In a medium bowl, combine spinach, ricotta cheese, egg whites/substitute, nutmeg, remaining 1/8 tsp. salt, and remaining 1/2 tsp. garlic. Mix well.
Press a wonton wrapper into the bottom and up along the sides of each cup of the pan.
Evenly distribute half of the spinach-ricotta mixture among the cups (about 1 1/2 tbsp. each), and smooth out the surfaces. Top with half of the beef mixture (about 2 tbsp. each), and smooth out the surfaces. Top with half of the mozzarella cheese (1 tbsp. each).
Place another wonton wrapper into each cup, lightly pressing it down and along the sides, letting the edges fall over the pan. Repeat layering with remaining spinach-ricotta mixture, beef mixture, and mozzarella cheese.
Bake until spinach-ricotta mixture is hot, mozzarella has melted, and wrapper edges have browned, 10 - 12 minutes.
Be the first to review this recipe
You can rate this recipe by giving it a score of one, two, three, or four forks, which will be averaged out with other cooks' ratings. If you like, you can also share your specific comments, positive or negative - as well as any tips or substitutions - in the written review space.
© 2021 Condé Nast. All rights reserved.
The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast.
Easy Lasagna Cupcakes
Lasagna Cupcakes? Is that even possible? It is! These Lasagna Cupcakes are easily made using all of the same ingredients in your classic lasagna with layers of meat, three types of cheeses, and pasta.
Wonton wrappers are fresh little sheets of pasta that are perfectly sized for these lasagna cupcakes and because of their thinness, they cook up super fast.
Ingredients for lasagna:
– 1/3 pound ground beef
– Salt / pepper (to taste)
– 16 wonton wrappers (all depends on the mold and how many want to do)
– 1 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
– 1 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
– 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
– 1 cup tomato sauce
- -Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- -In a pan cook the ground beef, and season with salt and pepper. Drain.
- -Start layering your lasagna cupcakes. Begin with a wonton wrapper and press it into the bottom of each muffin tin.
- – Add ricotta cheese, tomato sause, ground beef, mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese in each.
- -Bake for 15-18 minutes or until edges are brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. To remove, use a knife to loosen the edges then pop each lasagna out.
- -Garnish with basil and serve.
Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
In a pan cook the ground beef, and season with salt and pepper. Drain.
Add ricotta cheese, tomato sauce, ground beef, mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese in each.
Mini Lasagna Cups
Yield: 12 servings
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
total time: 40 minutes
The easiest, simplest lasagna you will ever make, conveniently made into single-serving portions!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Italian sausage links, casing removed
- 1 cup marinara sauce, homemade or store-bought
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 24 2-inch won ton wrappers
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a 12-cup standard muffin tin or coat with nonstick spray.
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add Italian sausage and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks drain excess fat and stir in marinara sauce.
- Season ricotta cheese with salt and pepper, to taste set aside.
- Fit wonton wrappers into each of the 12 muffin tins, pressing carefully to make sure there is an opening in the center. Fill each cup with 1 tablespoon ricotta cheese. Top with 1 tablespoon marinara mixture and 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese repeat with one more layer.
- Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the wonton wrappers are golden brown.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.
- wonton wrappers 24 24
- ricotta cheese (low-fat) 3/4 cup 3/4 cup
- mozzarella cheese (shredded, part-skim) 3/4 cup 3/4 cup
- eggs (beaten) 1 1
- dried oregano (dried) 1 tsp 1 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp
- fresh basil leaves 24 24
- store-bought marinara sauce (low-sodium) 2 cup 2 cup
- Parmesan cheese (grated) 1/4 cup 1/4 cup
"Spaghetti" and Meatballs
Bangers and Mash
Chicken And Vegetables En Papillote
Lasagne Cupcakes Recipe
We are big football fans in this house and we actually root for a few teams. I’ll share a little secret if you promise that it won’t affect our relationship. Ok, good. I am a lifelong NY Giants fan and my husband is a diehard Pittsburgh Steelers fan. So you might guess that we both had a pretty fun season since both our teams made it to the playoffs. But no matter how far your team goes, unless there’s a Super Bowl ring at the end of that journey, it always ends in disappointment. I am not trying to be negative, but it’s not “an honor to be nominated,” if you know what I mean.
So we’re both pretty bummed out that our teams have been ousted, but life goes on and the Super Bowl is happening without the Giants and the Steelers. By next Sunday, however, we should be out of our funk and in the mood to host a few friends to watch the big game. Truth be told, if the Steelers had made it to the Super Bowl, there would be no invitations to come to my house. My husband can only watch important games without any distractions (which include other human beings) because he needs to FOCUS!
And I need to focus too, on what to EAT. I mean, we cannot sit in front of a television for four hours without proper fortification. And the last thing I need is to sit for four hours with 3 bowls of chips, wings, and pizza in front of me. No, thanks! Personally, I love a big platter of crudites with some yummy, healthy dips, some sweet potato nachos and a big pot of veggie chili on the stove. But I have something FABULOUS for you today and your friends and kids will go bonkers for them.
Look at these little mini lasagne, which I will refer to as Lasagne Cupcakes. I have made them multiple times for friends and family and they are always a huge hit. They are basically individual lasagne cooked in a muffin tin. Use this technique to make a mini version of your favorite lasagne or go basic like I am showing here. I originally taught these in my December classes last year as a party food, since any time I made them for my friends, people would pick them up and eat them out of hand. So fun! So don’t you think these would be great for a game day spread? Yep.
You can assemble them the night before and then bake them the next day. They only take 18 minutes! I was also thinking these could be a great last-minute dinner for the kiddos since they can be assembled really fast. The secret ingredient is…WONTON WRAPPERS! Because wonton wrappers are basically fresh pasta, right? They already come cut the perfect size, so you don’t have to do anything to them. I found wonton wrappers in the refrigerator section of the supermarket near the tofu and tempeh.
You can add browned ground turkey or roasted vegetables to any of the layers to change the flavor profile. I also think you could use a round slice of roasted zucchini or a small eggplant instead of the middle layer of lasagne. If you are gluten-free or dairy-free, don’t fret. I used Kite Hill almond milk ricotta and dropped the other diary and they turned out great! I also know that Tinkyada makes a gluten-free lasagne noodle that you can boil, so you can adapt this recipe to be gluten-free with an extra step.
I also think these lasagne cupcakes are great at room temperature. So if you’re worried about leaving these on a buffet for more than a few minutes, don’t! Everyone will love them and you’ll score points for making such a delicious snack or meal!
OMG Chocolate Lasagna Cupcakes
This is the dessert you've been waiting for: OMG Chocolate Lasagna in easy-to-eat cupcake form. If you have never had it before, you should know that chocolate lasagna is the king of easy dessert recipes. This dessert's lovely layers are made up of an Oreo cookie crust, a cheesecake layer, chocolate pudding, and whipped topping. They combine to make a delicious no bake dessert that has stolen the hearts of chocolate lovers and bakers alike. You and your family will love these easy-to-make and adorable dessert cupcakes. It's one of our favorite no bake dessert recipes.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Thank you for signing up!
We were unable to sign you up - please try again.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Thanks for your comment. Don't forget to share!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
OMG Apple Pie Cookies
Are you a fan of apple pies but sometimes wish they came in a smaller form? Then these OMG Apple Pie Cookies are just the sweets for&hellip See more Continue reading: "OMG Apple Pie Cookies"
My Recipes (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Connect With Us
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
Prime Publishing Food Group
© Copyright 2021 Prime Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.
Sign In to Your Account
Sign In With One Of Your Social Accounts
Sign in using email and password
Forgot Your Password?
Images from other cooks
Share Your Images
Help others by adding images to this recipe. It's easy! Click here to start
Please sign into your account to add new images.
There are currently no images from other cooks.
Terms & Conditions
You must enter into this Agreement if you want to submit digital images or other content to Prime Publishing through Sharing Customer Images (the "Service"). As used in this Agreement, "we" or "Prime Publishing" means Prime Publishing, LLC. and "you" means the individual or entity submitting materials to Prime Publishing. Any individual or entity that wants to use the Service must accept the terms of this Agreement without change. BY CLICKING THE ACCEPT TERMS AND CONDITIONS BUTTON, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND ALL SPECIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE.
1) Eligibility. You may only submit Materials to the Service for which you hold all intellectual property rights. In other words, if you submit a digital image to us, you must own all rights to such image or you must have the authorization of the person who does own those rights. The Service is limited to parties that lawfully can enter into and form contracts under applicable law. Minors may not submit Materials to the Service. Further, you may not submit any personally identifiable information about any child under the age of 13.
2) Definitions. As used in this Agreement, (a) "Affiliates" means any entity controlled by, in control of, or under common control with Prime Publishing, (b) "Materials" means all content that you submit to Prime Publishing, including all photographs, illustrations, graphics and text, and (c) "Media" means any means of conveying information, whether now known or hereafter devised.
3) License Grant for Materials. You hereby grant to Prime Publishing and its Affiliates a worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual right and license to (a) reproduce, distribute, transmit, publicly perform and publicly display the Materials, in whole or in part, in any manner and Media, (b) modify, adapt, translate and create derivative works from the Materials, in whole or in part, in any manner and Media, and (c) sublicense the foregoing rights, in whole or in part, to any third party, with or without a fee.
4) Removal of Materials. If you decide you would like to remove your Materials from the Service, you may provide written notice to Prime Publishing by either deleting the image through the Prime Publishing interface or by contacting Prime Publishing customer service, and Prime Publishing will remove such Materials from the Service within a reasonable period of time.
5) License for Name, Trademarks and Likenesses. You hereby grant to Prime Publishing, its Affiliates and sublicensees a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to use all trademarks, trade names, and the names and likenesses of any individuals that appear in the Materials. You grant Prime Publishing, its Affiliates and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with the Materials.
6) Specifications and Guidelines. You agree to submit Materials to us in accordance with all guidelines for use of the Service posted on the Prime Publishing web site or of which you are otherwise notified ("Guidelines"), as these Guidelines may be changed in the future.
7) Representations, Warranties and Indemnities. You represent and warrant to Prime Publishing and its Affiliates that (a) you have the right, power, and authority necessary to enter into this Agreement, to fully perform your obligations hereunder, and to grant the licenses set forth in Paragraphs 3 and 5 above, (b) you will comply fully with all terms of this Agreement, (c) the Materials submitted to Prime Publishing by you, and Prime Publishing's and its Affiliates' exercise of their rights hereunder, do not and will not violate, misappropriate or infringe any intellectual property right, including but not limited to trademark rights, copyrights, moral rights and publicity rights of any third party, (d) you possess all rights necessary for the reproduction, distribution, transmission, public performance, public display, and other exploitation of the Materials by Prime Publishing and its Affiliates as permitted hereunder, (e) the Materials are not pornographic, obscene, libelous, defamatory, tortious, or otherwise unlawful, and (f) all factual statements submitted by you are accurate and not misleading. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Prime Publishing and its Affiliates harmless from all claims, liabilities, damages, and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses) arising from your breach of any representation or warranty set forth in this paragraph.
8) Restrictions. You agree that you will not submit Materials that are unlawful, pornographic, libelous, defamatory, tortious, obscene, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, or that otherwise violate general Prime Publishing community standards. We expressly reserve the right to remove or not make available any Materials that we deem to be in violation of this Agreement, applicable laws or our community standards in our sole discretion. You agree that you will not upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit Materials to us or our Affiliates that contain software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
9) No Obligation. Although we have the right to include your Materials in the Service or in any Media, we do not have the obligation to do so. We may, in our sole discretion and for any reason, refuse the Materials or remove them from our Service at any time.
10) Changes to Agreement. We reserve the right to change any of the terms of this Agreement or any Specifications or Guidelines governing the Service at any time in our sole discretion. All changes will be effective upon posting to the Service. However, for all changes to this Agreement, excluding Specifications and Guidelines, we will post a notice of change for thirty (30) days. You are responsible for reviewing the notice and any applicable changes. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THIS SERVICE FOLLOWING OUR POSTING OF ANY CHANGES WILL CONSTITUTE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH CHANGES.
11) Prime Publishing Intellectual Property. Without our prior written consent, you may not use our intellectual property, including, without limitation, our trademarks, trade names, trade dress, or copyrighted material, in any manner.
12) Communications. Prime Publishing and its Affiliates may communicate with you in connection with the Service, electronically and in other Media, and you consent to such communications regardless of any "Customer Communication Preferences" (or similar preferences or requests) you may have indicated on the web sites of Prime Publishing or its Affiliates or by any other means.
13) Waiver. PRIME PUBLISHING AND ITS AFFILIATES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO SUCH DAMAGES ARISING FROM BREACH OF CONTRACT OR WARRANTY OR FROM NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF (OR KNEW OR SHOULD KNOWN OF) THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
14) Disclaimer. PRIME PUBLISHING PROVIDES THE SERVICE "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
15) Miscellaneous. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the United States of America and the state of Washington, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action relating to this Agreement must be brought in the federal or state courts located in Seattle, Washington, and you irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of such courts. You may not assign this Agreement, by operation of law or otherwise, without our prior written consent. Subject to that restriction, this Agreement will be binding on, inure to, and be enforceable against the parties and their respective successors and permitted assigns. Our failure to enforce your strict performance of any provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of our right to enforce such provision or any other provision of this Agreement subsequently. The Specifications and Guidelines (including all future changes) are incorporated by reference into this Agreement. This Agreement is in addition to, and does not supersede or modify, the terms and conditions of use of the web sites of Prime Publishing and its Affiliates.
Sharing Your Own Images
You! Anyone who is a registered and logged in user.
Please share images that will help other visitors. For example:
- Images that highlight a article's features ("Here are the controls on this music player", "See the clasp for this necklace", "Look at the box this came in")
- Images showing someone using a product ("Here I am wearing this scarf", "Install the ink cartridge here")
- Images related to a topic ("My dog Skipper", "A great outfit", "Our family at Yellowstone", "How to glue a chair using a cabinet clamp")
- Images that show how a product performs ("I took this picture with this camera", "This shirt shrunk in the wash", "The saw blade after 100 cuts")
- Images that give a sense of the size of the product ("This refrigerator is actually 6' tall", "A cellphone the size of a credit card")
Do include captions for your images. While not required, they provide context for your images. Additionally, you can use the Image Notes feature to highlight one or more interesting areas in your image. Everyone will see your notes when they roll over your image.
What shouldn't I share?
Behave as if you were a guest at a friend's dinner party: please treat the Prime Publishing community with respect. Do not share:
- Profane, obscene, or spiteful images, or any images with nudity
- Images to which you do not own the intellectual property rights
- Images featuring phone numbers, mail addresses, or URLs. You can watermark an image with copyright information.
- Images featuring availability, price, or alternative ordering/shipping information
- Images featuring external Web sites, contests, or other solicitations
- Any personal information about children under 13
- Images with automobile license plates that are prominent and easily read (pictures with license plates that have been fuzzed out or that otherwise cannot be read are acceptable).
The same guidelines apply to your captions and notes.
What image formats and sizes are supported?
We support JPEG, GIF and PNG images. Files must be no more than 1MB. Both the image height and the image width must be between 60 and 3500 pixels.
Instead of uploading an image, can I just enter a link to an image?
No, all images must be uploaded to Prime Publishing. This ensures your image is always available.
How long does it take to upload an image?
The time varies depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the image file. For a 400KB image, for example, you should expect 2 to 4 minutes over a 56KB modem and under 1 minute for DSL or cable modem.
Where will my image appear?
Generally your image will appear where you uploaded it: in the article image gallery.
Who owns the images I upload?
The rights owner of the image continues to own the image uploading your image to Prime Publishing does not transfer ownership.