Grilled Vegetable Kabobs with Pesto Aioli
cups fresh basil leaves
cup grated Parmesan cheese
cup toasted pine nuts
tablespoons fresh lemon juice
(10-inch) bamboo skewers
medium red bell peppers, cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
medium yellow bell peppers, cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
medium sweet onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch wedges
medium zucchini, cut on the bias into 1 1/2-inch pieces
yellow summer squash, cut on the bias into 1 1/2-inch pieces
Place Pesto Aioli ingredients in blender or food processor. Cover and blend on medium speed about 3 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape sides, until smooth. Cover and refrigerate.
Heat gas or charcoal grill. Soak skewers in water 10 minutes; drain. On 2 of the skewers, thread tomatoes, leaving 1/8-inch space between each piece. Repeat with remaining skewers and vegetables. Brush vegetables with olive oil; sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt and the pepper.
Place kabobs on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook until grill marks form and vegetables are fork-tender, 3 to 4 minutes for tomatoes, 7 to 10 minutes for bell peppers, 10 to 12 minutes for onion and 12 to 15 minutes for zucchini and yellow squash. Serve kabobs with pesto aioli.
- Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is vegetarian. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- You can make the pesto aioli up to a day in advance.
- Serve with quinoa or beans for a complete vegetarian meal.
- To toast pine nuts, sprinkle in ungreased heavy skillet. Cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently until nuts begin to brown, then stirring constantly until nuts are light brown.
- Cooking Vegetarian? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is vegetarian. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Metal skewers can be used instead of bamboo. Bamboo skewers are soaked in water so they're less likely to burn; there is no need to soak if you use metal skewers.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories from Fat
% Daily Value
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 2 Vegetable; 1 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 13 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.